Beginning September 8, 2020
Monday - Sunday 6:00 AM - 11:00
AM Adult Lap Swim (60 - minute blocks)
Monday - Sunday 12:00 pm - 8:00
PM Family Swim (60 - minute blocks)
Palo Alto Elks Pool is restricted to paid Athletic
members only. No Outside Guests.
Members must socially distance, wear face coverings
upon arrival and while exiting and adhere to
all COVID-19 protocols.
A full set of Elk Pool Rules under the COVID-19
guidelines is listed below.
Advanced reservations will be required to access the
Palo Alto Elks Lodge Pool Re-Opening under
Palo Alto Elks want to be mindful in our phased approach to Lodge operations, beginning
with a careful soft reopening of our pool area. Once we successfully achieve a safe and efficient reopening of this amenity, we can consider opening other areas of the lodge. Please remember, all
members must comply with social distancing and safety protocols set forth by California and Santa Clara County guidelines.
- Pool use is limited to Elks members who have paid their individual or family
athletic membership fees. No guests will be permitted access to the Lodge.
- No one may enter the pool area without a prior reservation.
Members names must be on a pre-printed list at the gate in order to gain entrance. This will be strictly
- There will be one designated entrance and exit only; the gate by the pool
- Members may reserve a swim lane for swimming activities in 60 min. blocks; Limit 2
blocks per day
- Men’s & women’s locker rooms and indoor showers are
- The two outdoor individual restrooms in the pool building will be open. Cleaning
and disinfecting each restroom will take place on a periodic basis by the Lodge staff.
- Note: These are not changing
rooms. All swimmers must come pre-dressed for pool activities. No other
restroom facilities will be available.
- Wearing a face mask, face buff, scarf or bandannas when outside the home is required. Upon
entering the lodge premises, you will be required to wear one. While in the pool, face coverings are not needed with proper distancing.
- Use of lounge chairs, sun bathing or congregating around
the pool or other parts of the Lodge is not allowed. The Lodge building itself will be closed to all members.
- A minimum of 6 feet physical distancing between
individuals will be required at all times. Families living in the same domicile may sit and swim together. This includes in the pool, around the pool, and in designated outdoor seating
- Members must bring their own drinking water and towels. No
outside food is allowed. Drinking fountains will not be available to refill water bottles.
- No sharable equipment will be allowed such as kickboards,
- Kids age 18 or younger are required to have a parent /
guardian member physically at the facility at all times for use of the pool.
- Teen access cards WILL NOT be issued this
Pool / Lane
- All swim reservations MUST be made in
advance via online reservation system.
- With the limited number of members allowed to use the pool
each day, members can reserve a maximum of 2 swim times per day to allow all members the opportunity to use the swim facilities.
- Lap lanes will be reserved to maintain distances for lap
- Adult lap swim availability: Mon – Sun 6:00am –
11:00am (60 min blocks)
- Family swim availability: Mon – Sun 12:00pm – 8:00pm (60
- Cancelations must be made within 24h in advance of your
reservations. Please commit with your reservations.
- 1 swimmer per lane maximum during adult lap swim
- Lane swimmers should plan on leaving lanes 5 minutes
before your time expires.
- Members are not allowed to bring non-members or
guests at this time.
- Member walk-ins are not
allowed. Access to the pool is by reservation only.
Spectators / Parents
- At this time, we will NOT be allowing additional
spectators at the Lodge. Pool usage is limited to individual and family members only. Parents and children will not be allowed to roam the facility.
- One chair will be located at the head and foot of each
family swim area for parental supervision. The pool and pool deck are available for swimming only. No sunbathing or social gatherings are allowed around the pool.
- There will be NO LIFEGUARDS on duty. Parents are responsible for
watching children at all times.
The Well-Being of All Users and Employees is Top
Facility Areas Closed
- The following areas of the lodge will remain closed: Lodge
building including locker rooms, restrooms, fitness room, handball/racquetball courts, billiards room, bar, indoor restaurant and all catering areas.
- Members will be individually responsible for sanitizing and wiping down chairs, tables and
umprellas before and after each use. Lodge janitorial staff will do cleaning/sanitizing of restrooms on a periodic basis using best practices as recommended by health officials. Hand sanitizer
stations will be located inside front gate and other areas as needed. Signage will be posted reminding everyone of best practices and expectations of using the facility.