Beginning June 20, 2020
Wednesday - Sunday 8:00 AM -
11:00 AM Adult Lap Swim (55-minute blocks)
Wednesday - Sunday 11:00 am -
6:30 PM Family Swim (90-minute blocks)
Palo Alto Elks pool re-opens on a restricted basis
beginning June 20, 2020
Pool will be limited to Elk members and their families
only. No Outside Guests.
A full set of Elk Pool Rules under the COVID-19
guidelines is listed below.
Advanced reservations will be required to access the
Palo Alto Elks Lodge Pool Re-Opening under
Palo Alto Elks want to be mindful in our phased approach to Lodge operations, beginning
with a careful soft reopening of our pool area. Once we successfully achieve a safe and efficient reopening of this amenity, we can consider opening other areas of the lodge. Please remember, all
members must comply with social distancing and safety protocols set forth by California and Santa Clara County guidelines.
- Pool use is limited to Elks members who have paid their individual or family
athletic membership fees. No guests will be permitted access to the Lodge.
- No one may enter the pool area without a prior reservation.
Members names must be on a pre-printed list at the gate in order to gain entrance. This will be strictly
- Temperature checks will be administered to everyone entering the Lodge
- There will be one designated entrance only; the gate by the pool house and one
designated exit only; the gate by the bar patio.
- Members will be assigned a swim area for swimming activities. (90 min.
- Men’s & women’s locker rooms and indoor showers are
- The two outdoor individual restrooms in the pool building will be open. Cleaning
and disinfecting each restroom will take place between each use.
- Note: These are not changing
rooms. All swimmers must come pre-dressed for pool activities. No other
restroom facilities will be available.
- Members will be assigned a seating area outside the swimming area with their reservation.
These areas must be vacated promptly at the end of the reservation so they may be wiped down and sanitized prior to the next reservation.
- Wearing a face mask, face buff, scarf or bandannas when outside the home is required. Upon
entering the lodge premises, you will be required to wear one. While in the pool, face coverings are not needed with proper distancing.
- Use of lounge chairs, sun bathing or congregating around
the pool or other parts of the Lodge is not allowed. The Lodge building itself will be closed to all members.
- Entry to the pool area is limited to 10 minutes before the
reservation time. Six-foot social distancing with masks while waiting in line to get in is required.
- A minimum of 6 feet physical distancing between
individuals will be required at all times. Families living in the same domicile may sit and swim together. This includes in the pool, around the pool, and in designated outdoor seating
- Members must bring their own drinking water and towels. No
outside food is allowed. Drinking fountains will not be available to refill water bottles.
- No sharable equipment will be allowed such as kickboards,
- Kids age 18 or younger are required to have a parent /
guardian member physically at the facility at all times for use of the pool.
- Teen access cards WILL NOT be issued this
Pool / Lane
- All swim reservations MUST be made in
advance via online reservation system.
- With the limited number of members allowed to use the pool
each day, members can only reserve a maximum of 2 family swim times per week to allow all members the opportunity to use the swim facilities.
- Every lane will be reserved to maintain distances for lap
swimmers. Lanes will be re-configured to accommodate social distancing during family swim hours.
- Adult lap swim availability: Wed – Sun 8:00am –
11:00am (55 min blocks)
- Family swim availability: Wed – Sun 11:00am – 6:30pm (90
- 30 min. is reserved between family swim blocks to sanitize
the pool area.
- Cancelations must be done within 24h in advance of your
reservations. Please commit with your reservations.
- 1 swimmer per lane maximum during adult lap swim
- Lane swimmers should plan on leaving lanes 5 minutes
before your time expires.
- Members are not allowed to bring non-members or
guests at this time.
- Member walk-ins are not
allowed. Access to the pool is by reservation only.
Spectators / Parents
- At this time, we will NOT be allowing additional
spectators at the Lodge. Pool usage is limited to individual and family members only. Parents and children will not be allowed to roam the facility.
- One chair will be located at the head and foot of each
family swim area for parental supervision. The pool and pool deck are available for swimming only. No sunbathing or social gatherings are allowed around the pool.
- Lifeguards will be scheduled from 11:00 am - 6:30 pm.
In the event lifeguards are not available, signs will be posted, and members must be present with their children at all times while they are in the pool.
The Well-Being of All Users and Employees is Top
Facility Areas Closed
- The following areas of the lodge will remain closed: Lodge
building including locker rooms, restrooms, fitness room, handball/racquetball courts, billiards room, bar, indoor restaurant and all catering areas.
Staffing of Facility
- Entry access staffing will take place between 8:00 am to 6:30 pm Wednesday – Sunday. These
individuals will constantly verify those entering the Lodge grounds with a check list of online reservations and verify compliance with the current County health order prior to entering.
Temperature checks will be administered to everyone entering the Lodge facilities. Lifeguards will work in shifts covering the hours of 11:00 am – 6:30 pm. One will be
stationed in the lifeguard tower; one will be walking around the pool monitoring the pool facilities rotating positions every 30 minutes. The pool manager will be onsite from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
monitoring the pool activities and maintaining social distancing.
- Lodge janitorial staff will do hourly cleaning/sanitizing of facility in areas as needed
using best practices as recommended by health officials. Outdoor restrooms will be cleaned after each use. Hand sanitizer stations will be located inside front gate and other areas as needed.
Prior to opening every day at 8:00 am, two staffers will prepare facility for activity by doing additional cleaning of surfaces checking daily cleaning supplies in individual poolside bathrooms,
making sure outdoor rest rooms, outdoor showers, and other closed areas of facility are secure prior to opening. Signage will be posted reminding everyone of best practices and expectations of using
Once we successfully achieve opening with no issues, we can be considered for opening other areas of the lodge
under local health official’s guidance.